Working today on introducing the pediatric residents at Albany Medical Center to the concept of web-based signouts .. and taking another look at our code from the software that was written in 1997.
The concept is that the pediatric residents will use this list for daily sign-out. The family physicaians have been using it for about 5 years .. and the Internal Medicine Residents have been using it for about 6 months. Everyone seems to like it very much, but I've learned that what works for one group of docs doesn't always work for another. Hence the meeting today ... I'll document as we go ..
Changes that the peds folks want/need:
- Weight (in kg) ... If over 50 remind to use adult dose.
- Primary physician name
- Hosptial Attending name
- Off-Service Field with drop-down menu for selecting:
- Pediatric Surgery
- Adult Neurology
- Which Service list
- If age < 2 then express in months
- if age , 30 days then express in days
- Put weight next to patient name
We'll implement this stuff for now ... and then likely re-visit in the summer, after the new interns have settled in.